Sunday, January 15, 2012

Keep busy

I feel so good, in fact I haven't felt this good in a long long time. On my last check up for the hysterectomy I told my surgeon, " I don't know what you did or took out or fixed but whatever it was, THANK YOU!!" He said to his assistant in the room, "I'm picking up on some good vibes on this one." I think that's Dr speak for he could tell it was a success!!
I feel terrific, lots of energy. None of the nasty moods and depressions they told me might happen at sudden onset Menopause from the surgery, nope. I'm feeling amazing!!!
I'm loving the vegetarian diet too. I'm eating a bit more cheeses than I'd like, so have to cut back. Its just a matter of eating out really, the only vegetarian foods accessible when I eat out it seems is cheese laden pastas. Or saucy cheesy pastas. With cheese. Or cheesy casadillas stuffed with cheese. Oh they are all yummy and filling but they don't just fill up my stomach, they fill up my butt and thighs too and make me queasy with their too much cheesy. So I have to go back more to the soups and the steamed veggies I like to make and stay out of the restaurants.
I've been so busy. Painting commissioned paintings, getting a calendar ready and out there of my paintings and doing some charity work. Taking my son places and visiting and organizing and just being busy at work and home. Its all been fantastic and great. The busier I am the better.
Time goes faster, I feel better, my son is with me and is helping so it feels like old times. Happier times.
The weather has been glorious and that helps too.
I do however feel the mid life crisis feeling. That feeling of oh my gosh what is all this for feeling. A friend was talking about how they might pack up and move to this small cabin of a house not too far from here but definitely in the boonies and I kept thinking of how I'd love the peace from that. Just peace and quiet. If I owned a bazillion dollars I would do that. Well no that's not true. If I owned a bazillion bucks I'd buy a Barnes and Nobles and a Michael's store and I'd live in the book store and go visit my other one every day. I'd invite you and we'd do crafts all day and then go to my home at night and have coffee and pastries and read books all night!
THAT would be my dream.

3 comments:

Kayte said...

Oh, it is so good to see you posting here again, I missed you. I took the blog off my google reader as it was just to sad to think you stopped blogging here and there were never any posts to go read...lol...so happy to see you back! Sounds like things are going well...your health has improved, the vegetarian thing must be interesting (I am an Iowa dairy/beef farmer's daughter so this does not compute...lol). Your son is with you? I am way behind on things in that regard as I thought he was going off to college. I miss Matt dreadfully but he is only 72 miles away and we see him often, so that is good. I hope you keep posting...a lot! :-) xo

Kayte said...

Oh, it is so good to see you posting here again, I missed you. I took the blog off my google reader as it was just to sad to think you stopped blogging here and there were never any posts to go read...lol...so happy to see you back! Sounds like things are going well...your health has improved, the vegetarian thing must be interesting (I am an Iowa dairy/beef farmer's daughter so this does not compute...lol). Your son is with you? I am way behind on things in that regard as I thought he was going off to college. I miss Matt dreadfully but he is only 72 miles away and we see him often, so that is good. I hope you keep posting...a lot! :-) xo

pixielyn said...

Kayte, he is home for the long holiday. Loving it!!!
I am a farm girl too but had to go vegetarian as I explained in the previous post. Not a choice, had to. I think I explained it in the previous post, I will have to go read it now. heh.
Thanks for the comment and encouragement!